Tired of the heat
Internet access was difficult last week,hence the gap in posts. We were in Fort Lauderdale,which I thoroughly enjoyed. Our hotel was a lovely old place that had been around since the 30's,and still looked that way. Sinatra stayed there,as did Ronald Reagan in his acting days. It looked like what you imagine when you think of "old Florida". You walk in the lounge and expect to see Hemingway at his typewriter. The only problem was the rooms hadn't really been updated in quite awhile. I suppose the polite word to use is rustic,but I'm gonna go with run-down. The showers were very old-fashioned and were subject to massive temperature fluctuations. There was no internet in the rooms - just a business center in the lobby,so getting online was a challenge. But Fort Lauderdale was a great place. A lot of money there,but not snooty about it like Palm Beach. Lots more laid back. We're in Clearwater this week and then we FINALLY get out of Florida! I can't wait to put on a sweatshirt!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home